Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET EYELASH EXTENSIONS DONE?
How long it takes will depend mostly on the thickness of the lash set that you require. Generally for a full set of eyelash extensions, please allow between 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes.
WHEN COMING FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS, CAN I WEAR MAKEUP OR HAVING MASCARA?
We recommend you not to wear make-up and mascara since you will have to allow time for eyelash technician to take off the makeup around the eyes’ area and clean them thoroughly. This is necessary to ensure the longevity of eyelash extensions, and to prevent any infection.
WHY MY EYELASH EXTENSION DOES NOT LAST AS LONG AS OTHERS?
When you come to Jenny Magic Lash, we guarantee that the skills, technique applied are 100% the same for all customers, so what factor causes the lash set not to last long? Below are some key factors:
- Customers do not follow the instruction for taking care, hygiene and protecting lash extensions. In particular, touching the lashes within 8 hours of the procedure, or wetting the lashes within 24 hours.
- Using oily product around the eyes’ area.
- Brush eyelashes too much
- Going to the beach or swimming pool without wearing the appropriate lash protection.
- Having anti-biotics or medical treatment when having eyelash extensions.
- Staying up late and frequent will make lashes grow faster as well as fall out quicker. In general, the speed of lash growth or falling will depend partly on the heath conditions and daily routine of customers.
- Customers having oily skin will have oily substance extracted from skin, hair as well as lashes, causing the lashes to fall more quickly. Hence, customers should do lash cleansing daily as advised by Jenny.
DO EYELASH EXTENSIONS CAUSE DAMAGE OR WEAKNESS TO MY NATURAL LASHES?
At Jenny Magic Lash, the answer is NO. Jenny is highly experienced with the technique, and she only uses the best products with clear origin and approval. We have many customers who use lash care products as advised by Jenny and their natural lashes not only not getting weaker but growing stronger, darker and thicker.
WHAT TYPES OF LASHES AND LASH CURLS JENNY MAGIC LASH HAVE AVAILABLE?
Jenny has all types of lashes, and lash curls to make the perfect lash set required by customers. We have: lash curls types: B C D SC L L+; lash thickness: 0.05 – 0.06 – 0.07 – 0.10 – 0.12;
WILL I BE CONSULTED ON THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS STYLE?
Yes, every customer who first comes to Jenny Magic Lash will have up to 30 minutes consulting time in which Jenny will carefully answer all questions they may have before the application, and specially Jenny will discuss and advise customers on the best style of eyelash extensions to suit their personal style, needs and occasion.
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF PRODUCTS THAT JENNY MAGIC LASH USE?
Jenny spent much of her time in working with the most respected suppliers in the eyelash extensions fields. Hence she is able to source the highest standard products including lashes, glues, tweezers, and other beauty related products from USA and Korea.
MY EYES ARE SENSITIVE, CAN I HAVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Yes, at Jenny Magic Lash, we have all ranges of specialised eyelash glues for different types of eyes. We have sensitive glue catered specifically for sensitive eyes.
IF WITHIN 7 DAYS OF APPLICATION, MY EYELASH EXTENSIONS FALL OUT OVER 50%, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Regardless of the reasons for the fall-out, please come back to us as soon as possible so that we can make the replacement set for you FREE of charge. Jenny will examine the lashes to find the cause and advise you the best course of actions.
HOW TO GET THE BEST PRICE AT JENNY MAGIC LASH?
Jenny Magic Lash has special offer for frequent customers. If you come back every 2 or 3 weeks for lash maintenance, and make 50% deposit, you will have 10% discount.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTION
Now you are the proud owner of a beautiful set of eyelash extensions it is important to look after them to ensure their longevity.
To ensure this we recommend you:
- Do not touch lashes for 3 hours after the procedure
- Do not wet lashes for 24 hours after the procedure
- Never get oil or moisturiser on the lashes as oil degrades the glue and they will fall off quicker
- Wear goggles in the shower to avoid the pressure of hot running waters (slows eyelash extension loss)
- Do not rub the eyes or use a lash curler (it will crimp the lash extensions)
- Make up can still be worn, avoiding any petroleum based products as they deteriorate the glue
- Use an oil free make up remover and cotton tips to remove makeup
- Do not attempt to remove the eyelash extensions by yourself otherwise you may pull your own lashes out
- Use a protective coating applied sparingly every 2-3 times a week on the top and bottom side of the lash, this protects the lash from moisture and humidity. Do not use with mascara.
- Wear goggles if steam is used in a facial or sauna.
- Do not use sauna 48 hours after application to let the glue fully set, humidity affects the glue
- Do not wipe eyelashes with fabrics that can catch and pull on the eyelashes, use cotton tips to remove make up.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Your microbladed brows will last for as long as you maintain them. Usually about 2 years.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The treatment takes approximately 2 hours. Please allocate 2 and a half hours for your appointment. We are meticulous in our work and this isn’t something we want to rush.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED A TOUCH-UP?
Touch-ups are recommended every 6 months, to keep the colour fresh and the strokes crisp. Some people can go longer before getting a touch-up, so it all depends on you.
DOES IT HURT?
There is some discomfort associated with the treatment. Overall it feels like a little scratches. You can feel it but it is not unbearable. A numbing cream is used on your brows and topped up throughout the process to reduce the discomfort.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Follow the aftercare instructions given to you. You will also receive an aftercare kit after the treatment is complete.
DO I NEED TO TAKE TIME OFF FROM WORK?
No. There’s no downtime associated with the treatment. Redness and swelling will dissipate within an hour after. Your brows will appear darker initially, but not so dark that you will be prevented from your activities of daily living.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL?
Healing time varies from person to person. Usually, it takes about a week to ten days for the epithelial crust to form and slough off (just like a tattoo). Your skin will be considered healed after that happens. Then, the pigment takes some time to settle into the skin. A good month should pass before we consider the process complete.
WHAT’S THE PROCESS LIKE?
Microblading is a two step treatment, consisting of an initial procedure and then an initial touch-up after 4 to 6 weeks. After we take your before photo, we shape your eyebrows and decide on the colour. Shortly after that, a topical anesthetic will be administered to ensure comfort. Once you’re numb, the procedure begins and Jenny will implant the pigment into your epidermis. During healing, it’s normal to experience some pigment loss; this is why we have the touch up in place. The process is considered to be complete 4 weeks after the first touch up.
WHAT CAN’T I DO AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
The number one thing Jenny cannot stress enough is please DO NOT TOUCH your microbladed brows for at least 7 to 10 days! Touching your brows interrupts the healing process and you will be left with a less than desirable result once your brows have healed. You are also advised to keep the skin clean and dry—that means no swimming, sweating or otherwise getting the area wet; no tanning or prolonged sun exposure; no picking or peeling the tattoo. You can still wash your hair and face and once they’re healed up, you treat them as your own.
WHAT KIND OF PIGMENTS ARE USED?
All the colours are iron-oxide based and have been FDA approved. A wide range of colours are available so that Jenny can help you choose what works best for your facial and hair colour.
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE IT?
There are several things we can do. Your eyebrows can be modified to a point. Jenny will work with you until you are satisfied with your results.